How can we help you?
If you are a combat veteran, spouse, or surviving spouse of a Veteran, you understand service. You know it means being ready at a moment's notice. You know it means providing support during hard times. And more than anything, you know it means being reliable, trustworthy, and diligent when it comes to getting the job done.
The Senior Veterans Council understands these principles too, and we are determined to provide the same kind of dedicated service to you that you provided for our nation.
Why Senior Veteran's Council?
In addition to ensuring you have the easiest process possible, we also offer an abundance services from our SVC Retained Professional Network.
Available Services Include:
• Consultation with our Elder Law & Medicaid Certified Attorney.
• Consultations with your retained attorneys and financial/tax professionals.
• Consultation with our Licensed Geriatric Care Manager.
• Development of physician statements by our registered Nurse.
• Use of care contracts for facility or at-home care that are VA and Medicaid compliant.
• Options for positioning and/or of assets for benefit qualification.
• Consultations for benefit compliant strategies to vacate, sell, or rent you residence.
• Review of existing POA revision by our Elder Law attorney for worst-case end-of-life and legacy planning.
• Tracking of VA claims by designated VA Claims Agent via VA’s Virtual VA and MapD systems.
• Assistance in obtaining commercial and/or community-based Home Health Care services.
• Assistance with Facility Placement Options
• Guidance and Assistance with Medicaid Planning and Application Process
• And many more!
Additional Available Services for Veterans (Only) Include:
• Consultation with SVC Compensation Advocate regarding award or ‘dovetailing’ Pension Claim & VA Service Connected or Widow’s DIC Claims.
• Consultation on options for burial in National Cemetery and assistance with submission of Burial Claim.
• VA Medical System (Hospital) consultation to receive Level 4 Access to VA Medical Centers.
• VA Social Worker consultation for additional “care” services provided by VA Medical Centers.
• VA Vet Direct program (pilot) consultation on qualifying for up to an additional $3,000 of spending account.
• Assistance in filing a Widow’s Claim (Pension or DIC) if married Veterans predeceases spouse.
• And many more!
Self Help Service: If you wish to apply for the Aid and Attendance Pension on your own, without our services, click on the link below and you will be provided all the necessary VA forms and instructions to submit completed claim to the VA yourself. As a courtesy to you, the SVC staff is available to answer general questions, however, we will not serve as the VA Appointed Agent on your claim. Therefore, will can only provide general guidance prior to claim submission.